Mouse Models of Human Cancer Database (MMHCdb)
MMHCdb is a comprehensive, expertly curated resource of diverse mouse models of human cancer.
We focus on:
- spontaneous and induced tumors in mice
- genetically defined mouse models of cancer (inbred, hybrid, mutant, and genetically engineered strains of mice)
- Patient Derived Xenograft (PDX) models
|American Cancer Society Facts & Figures 2023||Mouse Models|
|Cancer Site||Mortality Rank||Estimated deaths USA||Mutant Strains||Other Strains||All Strains||PDX Models|
|Lung & other respiratory||||132,330||56||116||172||79|
|Colon & other intestine||||56,490||81||4||85||81|
|Liver & bile duct||||29,380||25||24||49||2|
|Brain & other nervous system||||18,990||42||0||42||25|
|Uterus & cervix||||17,340||6||3||9||6|
|Kidney & renal pelvis||||14,890||5||0||5||8|
|Oral cavity & pharynx||||11,580||3||3||6||3|
|Soft tissue including heart||||5,140||27||20||47||28|
|Gallbladder & other biliary||||4,510||2||0||2||0|
|Bones & joints||||2,140||5||0||5||11|
News & Events
- Read our latest publication about MMHCdb: Begley DA, Disease Models & Mechanisms, 2023 Mar 27.
- Stop by our poster at the AACR annual meeting 2023, 14-19 April, Orlando on Sunday April 16th.
- PDXFinder has become PDCMFinder. It now includes organoids and cell lines and has a new URL www.cancermodels.org
- New mini-grids have been added to MMHCdb on select Reference Summary pages for studies that emphasize the differences in tumor frequencies observed in mice with the same genotype on a variety of genetic backgrounds. Example. (November 2022)
- MMHCdb now contains over 110,000 tumor frequency records! (April 2022)
- MMHCdb will present a poster at the AACR annual meeting, April 8-13, 2022, New Orleans.
- MMHCdb is featured as the primary repository for data from The Jackson Laboratory's lung cancer PDX resource published in bioRxiv (Woo, X.Y., et al.) A Genomically and Clinically Annotated Patient Derived Xenograft (PDX) Resource for Preclinical Research in Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Data about the models in this resource are also accessible from PDX Finder. (March 2022)
- MMHCdb is highlighted in Chapter 2 of Pathology of genetically engineered mice and other mutants. Sundberg JP, Vogel P, and Ward JM, eds., Wiley. Begley D, Schofield PN, Sundberg JP. The Mouse Online: Open Mouse Biology and Pathology Data Resources for Biomedical Research. (2022) 6-21.
- MMHCdb presented at the 19th Annual Workshop on the Pathology of Mouse Models for Human Disease, "Mouse Genome Informatics (MGI) and Mouse Models of Human Cancer Databases". (September 2021)
- The MMHCdb web site has been updated to provide a new look, consolidate search forms, streamline searching, and introduce new functionality. A new advanced search form has been released which consolidates multiple search forms into a single interface and uses faceted searches to enable users to customize searches and iteratively increase search specificity. The web site layout has been redesigned to be more user friendly and improve data visibility. (September 2020)